Sunday, 26 January 2014

Book Haul - 1

I get rather excited when I purchase new books to read, I get even more excited when I get them for a bargain price! I purchase the majority of my books second hand and I love looking through my local charity shops, second hand book stores and car boots to try and find a new read!



This week I purchased the following books, each one costing under £2! and couldn't wait to share them with you.




1. Teardrop by Lauren Kate

 Never, ever cry... Seventeen-year-old Eureka won't let anyone close enough to feel her pain. After her mother was killed in a freak accident, the things she used to love hold no meaning. She wants to escape, but one thing holds her back: Ander, the boy who is everywhere she goes, whose turquoise eyes are like the ocean. And then Eureka uncovers an ancient tale of romance and heartbreak, about a girl who cried an entire continent into the sea. Suddenly her mother's death and Ander's appearance seem connected, and her life takes on dark undercurrents that don't make sense. Can everything you love be washed away?

Lauren Kate is one of my favourite authors so I am very excited to read Teardrop and see what the book has to offer. Fallen is one of my favourite book series and I thoroughly enjoyed The Betrayal Of Natalie Hargrove so I'm expecting big things from Teardrop and i'm sure I will not be disappointed!


2. Crossed (book 2 in the Matched series) by Ally Condie

 In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

I had been wanting to read Matched for a long time but couldn't get my hands on a copy, so I was a happy girl when my boyfriend purchased it for me just before Christmas. I read the book within a day and was hooked! When I had finished the book I couldn't wait to continue the story and find out what the journey held for the characters, so when I was in a charity shop recently and spotted the second book Crossed sat on the shelf I just couldn't leave it there. I am looking forward to continuing the series and getting to know the characters more.

3. Young, Gifted & Dead by Lucy Carver

You can’t get into St Jude’s Academy unless you’re gifted, talented and supremely rich. New girl Alyssa is on a scholarship and feels like an outsider - she's not even that smart, apart from her photographic memory (and that's cheating, right?). Then one day her room-mate Lily is found floating face down in the lake. It looks like suicide, but, torn apart with guilt and grief, Alyssa is convinced that things aren't as they seem. Soon a jolted memory puts her on the trail of a sinister secret that might hold the clues to Lily's suspicious death. But Alyssa is in too deep, and she's being watched . . .

This book was a random buy, I had never heard anything about it before but the cover caught my eye and I picked it up. After reading the blurb I couldn't not buy it as it sounded like an interesting read. I can't wait to lose myself within the pages. After doing a little bit of research I found out that Young, Gifted & Dead is the first book in a brand new series and was only in published in October 2013, so to find it brand new in a charity shop impressed me, I am very happy with my purchase!


All book descriptions sourced from goodreads.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment