Wednesday, 29 January 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: After The End



Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking The Spine





I can't wait to read: 

Expected Publication: March 6th 2014

She’s searching for answers to her past. They’re hunting her to save their future.

World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there.

At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life.

When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie.

Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past.


Description from goodreads.com


I really can't wait to read this book, the story sounds intriguing and not like anything I have read before and I look forward to delving into the world Amy Plum has created.

12 comments:

  1. This has a unique premise- a nice twist from other post-WWIII type books. It makes me want to know what really did happen. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I am a lover of historical fiction and your comment has lead me to your book The Queen's Daughter! I shall be adding it to my wish list and hope to read it soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm listening to a book by Amy Plum - Die for Me. Enjoying it so far, so I will definitely check this one out. Great pick!

    I had to come visit, seeing as we have the same name (even if it's spelled a little differently). Cheers!

    My WoW

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment :) It's always nice to meet someone with the same name seeing as I also am a fellow Keeley Anne!

      Just viewed you WoW and Pretty Little Things will be added to my must read list! Great pick!

      Delete
  3. Yay! It sounds amazing, and I loved the Die For Me series. :) Great pick!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I will have to read the Die For Me series! Will check yours out now :)

      Delete
  4. Great pick, very much looking forward to this one myself! I really liked Amy Plum's Revenants series, excited to see what she does with dystopian! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment :) I'm sure it will live up to our expectations!

      Delete
  5. Great WoW! I've been wanting to read this one too! I'm actually on the tour through All Around The World Tours to read this soon! I can't wait!

    Stop by my WoW:
    http://addictreaders.blogspot.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-41-season-of-wonder.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Enjoy the book and I would love to read a review on your thoughts of it! Will check out your WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my pick last week. I want it so bad, I'd sell a kidney to read it. Hope you can stop by mine.

      Delete
    2. I know that feeling! Can't wait to read it! Will check yours out :)

      Delete