Thursday, 6 February 2014

Review - Easy By Tammara Webber

Source: Goodreads.com

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn't easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

After appearing on a few Top Ten Tuesday - books that will make you cry lists I thought why haven't I ever read this book? So I did just that and I am not disappointed!

I read this book within a day and loved every word of it. Although I found it predictable at times, as I have read many stories similar, it still had me hooked! Even though I sort of knew where the story was heading I was fascinated and drawn in by Tammara Webber's fantastic writing and the characters she has created.

I loved the journey Jacqueline went on throughout the book, she starts of a little lost and by the end she has found herself and is a strong woman. Lucas is just adorable, who doesn't love an attractive, bad boy type with secrets! 

I was thoroughly surprised by how much I did enjoy this book and I am very grateful to all the people who shared it on their Top Ten Tuesday Lists, otherwise I would have never been introduced to the talent of Tammara Webber!

I look forward to reading Breakable the second book in the Easy series - which I hear is told in Lucas's point of view! I'm sure it will feature on an upcoming Waiting On Wednesday shortly :)

Rating: 5/5

6 comments:

  1. I loved this book to pieces, and that's saying something because I have my fair share of issues with new adult books these days. Especially appreciated the emphasis on the importance of self-defense classes, you don't just wait around for Prince Charming to come and rescue you.
    Yes, it's predictable at times, but it sucks you in from the first page, can't wait for Unbreakable either! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) I'm glad you loved the book too! The self-defense classes were a great addition to the story, your right..who needs a Prince Charming when you can defend yourself! Lets hope the next installment lives up to our expectations :)

      Delete
  2. I've been told by my sister that this is a good read because she likes books like this too, and it does sound like a page-turner! Great review, by the way. I really do love your blog - green is my favourite color! :)
    -Becca xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good read, worth checking out if you want a straight foward uncomplicated story to hook you in for a few hours :) Thanks, I love your blog too! Everytime I visit I'm adding more books to my tbr list!

      Delete
  3. I loved this book! I also read it in a day (I stayed up till 4 in the morning because I simply couldn't put it down). I loved the little details like in an email that he sends, he says that he finds it interesting that she plays the cello because he has noticed that when she is bored that she moves her fingers like she plays an instrument. Yes, it is predictable but you kinda can't help but love it anyway.
    I didn't know there was going to be a second instalment...is it out yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved the book too! It was an amazing read and I loved the little details too, makes you just love Lucas as a character even more! The second book Breakable has been given an expected publication date for 6th May and it's going to be a prequel! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete