Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished Yet



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. This week we get to choose from a past subject and I chose Top Ten series I haven't finished yet.

I decided on this topic as I have so many unfinished series that I need to finish! My trouble with series is I read the first book when the series comes out and then by the time I have the rest of the books in the series I have forgotten what has happened in previous books and need to re-read to refresh my memory. I just have trouble getting round to the re-reading as I have so many new books I want to read for the first time!


1. The Chemical Garden Trilogy

I bought book one Wither in a second hand book store purely on how stunning the cover was and I loved the book. It became an instant favourite so I ran out to buy book two Fever when I had finished the first and again loved it. I waited and waited for book three Sever to be released and bought it when released, however I have yet to read it still, I'm worried it won't live up to my expectations..I guess I won't know if I don't read it though! 



2. The Matched Series

 I really enjoyed book One Matched and have the second book waiting on my shelf to be read, I just haven't gotten round to reading it. I still need to purchase book Three but I am going to wait to read book Two to make sure I enjoy it and want to continue with the series.


3. Starcrossed Trilogy

I had the first Two books of this series on my shelf for the longest time and recently sat down and read them and I am frustrated I didn't read them sooner, I loved them! I purchased the third book and have started it but have been getting distracted by other books..like usual! But I am determined to finish very soon as I can't wait to see how it all ends.



4. The Dark Divine Series

I own both of the first Two books and read them very quickly as I thoroughly enjoyed them. I am however struggling to get my hand on the third book in the UK so it's very frustrating!


5. Hush, Hush Series

I have only read the first Two books, I need to re-read them before finishing the series. I liked the first Two books so I want them to be fresh in my memory!


6. The Immortals Series

I don't even know what books I have read and finished in this series, I know I have read Evermore and I'm pretty sure I have read Shadowland...so I haven't been reading them in order. I need to read from book One again (and in the right order! Oops!) to make my mind up on this series.


7. The Mara Dyer Series

I cannot recommend The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer enough! Its one of my favourite books and I can't wait to read the second book! I own an Ebook version but I prefer physical copies of books so I think that is why I haven't read it yet. At least I have until November to finish it in time for the release of The Retribution Of Mara Dyer.


8. Fallen Series

I own all of these books but have only read the first Two. It's a series I enjoyed and really want to continue with but as I said before, I need to re-read the first two books so I can enjoy the series as a whole.


9. The Vampire Diaries

I have trouble with this series, I have read the First book but I have had trouble getting into it. I love the TV Series, so I do hope I can give this series another try and hopefully it will have me hooked!


10. The Morganville Vampire Series

I own Twelve of the books in this series and have read Nine...I'm rather impressed with how many I have read! I can't keep up with this series and I don't even know how many have been released at the moment! I read the first Seven books in a week and it became one of my favourite series, its fun, full of Vampires with a good love story! 


Images sourced from goodreads.com and Google.com


8 comments:

  1. Unfinished series has become a serious problem for me, too! Even series that I absolutely loved the first two or even three books (Unearthly, Wither, The Body Finder, Shatter Me...just to name a few!), for whatever reason I'm just not getting to that last one!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the most frustrating thing isn't it?! I just want to see how it ends and what happens to the characters that I have become invested in! I'm going to try my hardest to complete some series in the next few months, I hope you get to finish some of the series you love too :) thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to finish the Chemical Garden trilogy too, I need to see how it ends!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT list,

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I really loved the first Two books and the covers are so beautiful! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Great pick. I have a horrible habit of not finishing series, but it's usually because of a long wait between releases and I completely forget. Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its very frustrating not finishing a series! I should probably wait until the whole series is released until I start reading! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Great list! I need to get my hands on the Mara Dyer series as I have heard so many good things about it. I share your trepidation on the last book of a series as it might potentially leave you disappointed, but I think you should still finish the Chemical Garden trilogy. If nothing else, you'll at least find out what happened :)

    Witless Fool @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I really recommend The Mara Dyer series, it is a really good read, it became an instant favourite for me! I am hoping to finish the Chemical Garden Trilogy in the next few months, I have to see how it ends! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete