Friday, 7 March 2014

The Fault In Our Stars Review

Source: Goodreads.com

 Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


After not being able to go anywhere without seeing or hearing about The Fault In Our Stars, I decided it was finally time to see what the hype was about.

I hadn’t previously read anything by John Green so didn’t know what to expect of his writing and if I would like it but I found his writing style fresh and easy to follow.

The Fault In Our Stars tackles the difficult subject of cancer, a subject close to my heart and I didn’t know how I would cope with reading a story on such a tough subject but John Green uses, love & humor to make The Fault In Our Stars a heartbreaking yet wonderful story.

At the heart of the story are Hazel and Augustus, the book follows their relationship and their developing love.  Augustus has to be one of my favourite characters , he was sweet, funny and so lovable! I think John Green really caught the emotions and turmoil of Hazel and what she was going through but he also made her fun.  I loved the relationship between Augustus and Hazel, it was a whirlwind romance that happened so fast but they worked so well together.

This book made me feel so many thinks, sadness, laughter and love and I enjoyed it so much! John Green has made a new classic and I think it will go forward with the times for other generations to enjoy in a good few years!

I am so glad I decided to jump on the band wagon and read this book, for once a book lived up to all the hype and I am seriously excited to see what the film has to offer…it has a lot to live up to!



Rating: 5/5


6 comments:

  1. Oh I wanna read this! I feel like it'll be a tear jerker LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most definitely is! You will need tissues!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you gave into the hype! I love this book!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I loved it too, I'm glad you did also :)

      Delete
  3. I am not a YA fan but have to say I totally agree with you that this will be a classic that many love years from now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for stopping by and reading :) I really do think it will be a classic :)

      Delete