Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Thousand Words By Jennifer Brown Review


I really enjoyed this book, I thought it was realistic and a very relevant topic in today's culture. The book was easy to read and felt fresh, I haven’t read a book that has tackled this topic before. The book was also very educational and I think it will teach people about sex-ting and the effects it can have on not just the person directly involved but also a whole community.

I found Ashleigh to be a very likable, normal everyday girl who was peer pressured into taking a photo of herself. She`s just a naive girl sending a photo to her boyfriend, she`s not thinking of the after effects or where that photo could end up and I think the scary part is that it can happen to anyone and I think that’s what Jennifer Brown is trying to tell the audience.

I like that the book shows the trouble Ashleigh, Kaleb her ex-boyfriend and others who have shared the photo were in because everyday sex-ting is happening and people don’t realize the trouble it can get you in.

I wanted more from this book, I feel it was a little unfinished and unresolved and I wanted to do know more about what happened to the secondary characters like Mack.

However I found this book educational, enjoyable and a great read!

Rating: 4/5







6 comments:

  1. Great review. This book has been on my shelf for a long time now. I seriously need to read it, especially after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm always so nervous posting a review! It is definitely worth reading and it isn't too long long. Hope you get to read it soon and thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard such good things about this author and this book. Sadly, I haven't read anything by her yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is fantastic, one of my favourite Authors! Hope you get around to reading something by her soon :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this one yet - no idea why as I love her books. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it, I haven't read many of her books. I hope you get round to reading it soon :) thanks for your comment :)

      Delete