Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Popular Authors I Have Never Read


                 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This week is top Ten popular Authors I have never read. I have to say I am ashamed that I have not read any of the Authors on this list! However I do have physical books and Ebooks of all the Authors, so I am going to read them very soon!


1. Suzanne Collins 

Notable works: The Hunger Games Trilogy

I have owned these books for such a long time and I still haven't gotten round to reading them! So I am ashamed to say I have never read anything by Suzanne Collins.


2. Cassandra Clare


Notable Works: The Mortal Instruments Series, The Infernal Devices Series


I had heard so many good things about Cassandra Clare's writing, so I purchased the first Three books in The Mortal Instruments Series a couple of years ago now and again they have sat unread on my shelf! It's my goal to read all my unread series this year so I soon will be able to say I have read something by Cassandra Clare!



3. Richelle Mead


Notable Works: Vampire Academy, Bloodlines


I have read so many vampire books and I just hadn't even considered reading Vampire Academy but after hearing so many good things about it from some of my favourite bloggers I thought I would give the series a go and recently purchased the first Four books for 50p each!! I can't go wrong at that price! 



4. Rainbow Rowell


Notable Works: Eleanor & Park, Fangirl


Everywhere I go I see people raving about Rainbow Rowell and her writing! So I am very excited to read Eleanor & Park which I recently bought an Ebook of!



5. Veronica Roth

Notable works: Divergent Series


I have never read Divergent but I really want to! I recently brought Ebooks of the First Two books so I'm sure I will soon be joining the Divergent fan club and I'm so excited for the movie!



6. Marissa Meyer


Notable Works: The Lunar Chronicles


I feel like I am the only person who hasn't read this series! I have Ebooks of the complete series, I just haven't been in the mood to read it yet. Don't get me wrong I am really excited to see what Marissa Meyer has to share, I'm just addicted to reading contemporary books at the moment..which is weird because I have never been that bothered with contemporary books before.



7. Kiera Cass


Notable Works: The Selection Series


There's a reason I haven't read anything by Kiera Cass and that is I find it really hard to get my hands on her books! I'm really looking forward to reading The Selection series and have been for some time! I will have to do some internet shopping to get this series!



8. Scott Westerfeld


Notable works: Uglies Series, Midnighters Series


I own the Uglies Series and again like so many other series I own, I haven't read it! I am so ashamed by the amount of books I own and still haven't read..I'm slacking! 



9. Tahereh Mafi


Notable works: Shatter Me Series


I hadn't heard about this series until I started blogging, so thank you fellow bloggers for introducing me to what seems to be a great series! I really look forward to losing myself in this series! 



10. Jennifer L. Armentrout


Notable Works: Lux series, Covenant series


Technically I have read Jennifer L. Armentrout's work...I have just started reading Cursed and I'm Two pages in! Haha The Covenant series is on my TBR list and I can't wait for the release of Don't Look Back!



Which Author do you think I should read first?





16 comments:

  1. Do you enjoy dystopian? I read Hunger Games and Uglies, both the first in the trilogy, I get why they are popular and many love them but dystopian just isn't for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy dystopian, I haven't really read too many dystopian books so far but what I have read I've liked. Dystopian isn't for everyone, at least you gave it a shot! :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow, there's so much you haven't read yet! :) And I say that as someone, who's also woefully behind on all the hyped books. If you ask me, read Marissa Meyer first! I finished and reviewed the first two books in The Lunar chronicles recently, and I'm now kicking myself for not reading it sooner! Sometimes all the hype is actually true. :) And I love Richelle Mead, you can't go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm ashamed by how behind I am! My problem is I worry they wont live up to the hype and my expectations! Thanks for the suggestion, I might just do that! I really can't wait to read the series :) I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! I have heard good things about Richelle Mead! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Have read - Collins, 1 Clare, Armentrout, Westerfeld, Cass & Roth. I loved The Hunger Games and would always recommend that. I loved Divergent but wasn't a fan of the 2nd and despised the 3rd but hopefully you'll do better with them. I really want to hurry up and get to Rowell's books soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read The Hunger Games! Hopefully I will like the Divergent series, I have high expectations for it! Hope you get round to reading Rowell's books soon :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Definitely books of Jennifer L. Armentrout, as J.Lynn - I love 'Wait for you' :)
    Greetings from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, will check it out :) Hello from the UK :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! I've actually read most of these! Which is surprising, because I felt I could have gone waaaay above and beyond on listing authors I've never read. I LOVE Marissa Meyer and Veronica Roth. I've only read one Rainbow Rowell, and it didn't totally live up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your doing better than me! :) heard such good things about Marissa Meyer and can't wait to read her series! Oh no! I hope Rainbow Rowell lives up to my expectations! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  6. Ok the first 6 are must reads. I'm currently reading Shatter Me and LOVING it, so add # 9 to your read sooner rather than later list. And JLA is pretty good too. Kiera Cass is on my TBR list. I'll get to her eventually! Great list!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :) glad you are enjoying Shatter Me, I will definitely read it soon! Hope you get round to reading Kiera Cass soon! :)

      Delete
  7. So many amazing authors on your list! You have an exciting TBR!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do indeed! Can't wait to start reading them :) thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  8. Aghh, you've got so much book goodness to read! I can't even choose which one to recommend to read first. :)

    I've read Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games #1), Cassandra Clare (Mortal Instruments #1-3), Veronica Roth (Divergent & Insurgent), Marissa Meyer (Cinder & Scarlet), Kiera Cass (The Selection), and Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me) and I loved all of them which makes this sooo hard.

    ...I'm going to recommend The Hunger Games trilogy and Divergent trilogy. They will change your life. Not even kidding :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited to experience all these Authors for the first time :) wow you have read a lot! I'm glad you loved them all! :) Thanks for the recommendation s I'm definitely going to start The Hunger Games soon :) Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete