Thursday, 3 April 2014

Liebster Award



The Liebster award is presented to new blogs to show them recognition.

I want to say a big thank you to Alma at Journey Through FictionJess at Jess Time To ReadKaycee K and Rose At Desert Rose Reviews for nominating me! 


The Rules

List 11 Facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions put forward by whoever nominated you.
Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers. They must have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin' (or their preferred method). You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
Go to their blog and inform them that they have been nominated!


11 Facts about me

1. I am a natural Blonde but dye my hair Red.
2. Other than my book obsession I love movies and TV series.
3. My favourite colour is Grey.
4.My favourite TV shows include: supernatural, The Walking Dead, Bones, Game Of Thrones, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Vampire Diaries....and a million more.
5. I'm quite short!
6. I love vintage clothing and all things vintage.
7. I am a terrible cook.
8. I have a cat called Pippin, hes adorable!
9. If I could be a little Miss character I would be Little Miss Whoops because I am so clumsy!
10. I love The Moomins.
11. I love horror movies.


Questions from Jess

1.  Who would be the one author you would love to have lunch with?

I would love to have lunch with Jane Austen!

2. What is the saddest book you have ever read?

I read quite a lot of sad books but I would say The Fault In our Stars because it's the most recent sad book I have read.

3. What do you enjoy best about blogging?

The people, I have met some amazing people who share the same interests as me and that's an amazing thing :)

4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

I would want to fly..who wouldn't?

5.If you were stranded on an island and could only take three items with you. What would those items be?

A book..obviously! iPod for my music and a pillow to be comfortable
 
6. What is your favourite hobby?

I would have to say reading, I wouldn't have started my blog if it wasn't!

7.What is your favourite all time movie?

That's a tough one, I am going to say Shaun Of The Dead, no..The Goonies, no...Lord Of The Rings! ..I could be here all day fighting with myself!

8.If you could be part of a story, what one would you choose?

Lord of the Rings, I would love to explore everything and meet the characters!

9. Where is your favourite place to read?

In my bed.

10. What is your favourite kind of animal?

I love penguins

11. What is your favourite series?

My favourite book series is The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong.


Questions from Alma

1. Who are your favourite authors?

Cat Clarke, Kelley Armstrong, Sarah Dessen, Lauren DeStefano

2. If you could choose to meet one character from a book in real life, who would you pick and why?

Elizabeth Bennett, I think she is a strong woman and would love to see what she has to say for herself in real life and see what she makes of the modern world!

3. What book(s) made you cry? 

The Fault In Our Stars, New Moon, Hate List

4. What was the last book you read that you didn't expect to like, but ended up loving?

Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown
 
5. What book(s) do you feel are overrated? 

The Vampire Diaries, I love the TV Series but not a big fan of the books.

6. Who is your most embarrassing celebrity crush? 

Colin Firth..hes a bit old for me!

7. You just won an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere on the planet. Where would you go and why?

I would go to Paris, I have always wanted to go to Paris and see the sights and do some shopping. I would want to read a romantic book in the city of love!

8. Do you have any pets?

I have a cat called Pippin, hes naughty but so cute!

9. What music do you listen to, and who are your favourite musicians/bands? 

I listen to a wide range of genres from R&B, Rap, Pop, Folk etc.but some of my favourites are Bon Iver, Eminem, London Grammar, Daughter, City & Colour

10. What is your guilty pleasure? (Not necessarily book/blogging related) 

Wearing my Pajamas whenever I'm not going out!

11. (Just for fun) Do you think you would (or could!) survive a zombie apocalypse?

I have been planning for a zombie apocalypse my whole life! I will definitely survive!

Questions from Kaycee K


1.Was there every a book you were reading, and you though that a character was going to die but didn't? If so what book?

I have read a few books where I have thought a character was going to die but didn't but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone so I will keep it secret!

2.What book/book series do you think would make a good T.V. series? And why?

I often read books and think how I wish this was a series! I would love The Evernight series to be  T.V show, it has some great dialog that I would love to see on screen and I think it would fit in well with so many other shows on at the moment!

3.What book do you wish you could have written yourself?

I wish I could have written anything by Cat Clarke or Kelley Armstrong, they are both such amazing authors and I love everything they write!

4.f you could take three characters from any stories, to be you friend, what story, who would it be and why? 

I would love to be friends with Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice because I think she is an amazing character and I would love to know her opinion on so many things. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, she is such a strong character and I think she would make an amazing friend..plus a friend who can do magic..bonus! Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games, she is just so cool!

5.Last book that made you cry?

The Fault In Our Stars.

6. Favorite food and drink to have while reading?

A sweet cup of tea and rich tea biscuits, yum, yum yum!

7.First book you can remember reading?

The very hungry caterpillar, I loved that book as a child!

8.Favorite class you've ever taken?

History, I loved finding out about past events, they fascinate me!

9.Other then the basics, what’s three things you can’t live without?

Books! I can't imagine not losing myself in a different world for a few hours.
The internet, I would miss my blog and all you lovely people far too much!
Chocolate! I am a chocoholic!

10.Your favorite T.V. show right now?

Pretty Little Liars..I am addicted!

11.Something that most people may not know about you is…

I collect vintage teacups :)


Questions From Rose



1.What do you do when you're not blogging?

I like to read, watch films and catch up on TV shows and spending time with friends and family.

2.What is your favourite food?

Chocolate! I adore chocolate so I would have choose it!

3.What is your dream job?

Interior designer or having my own second hand book shop!

4.What is your favourite genre of books?

It changes daily but currently my favourite is contemporary young adult :)

5.What is your favourite genre of movies?

I love horror films, I never get scared though! I also like period dramas!

6. What is your favourite genre of music?

I have an eclectic taste in music, I love everything from folk, indie, rap, R&B etc. 

7.What historical figure would you enjoy meeting?

I would love to meet Elizabeth !, I have always been interested in her history and would have lots of questions to ask her.

8.What is your favourite animal?

Penguins, I like to think they all dance like they do in Happy Feet!

9.Day or night?

I am more of a day person, as soon as it hits evening I am falling asleep!

10. Paperback or eBook?

I prefer reading a paperback, I like turning the pages and seeing them sitting on my shelf.

11.What book would you like to see turned into a movie?

I would love to see the Wither series turned into a movie, I think it would be really interesting and I would love to see it adapted for the big screen!



My Nominations

A Kernel Of Nonsense
Finley Jaynes Bookshelves
Read At All Hours
A Secret Reading Garden
An Abundance Of Kathryn
She Read
Karina Romano
Moirae The Fates Book Reviews

My Questions For My Nominations


1. What books would you like to be made into movies or TV shows?
2. What's your favourite book turned into a movie?
3. Whats your favourite time of year?
4. What would be the theme song to your life story?
5. What actor would play you in the movie adaption of your life story?
6. If you could be really talented at a sport, what sport would you choose?
7. If you could only read Three books for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
8. What's your favourite genre to read?
9. What is your favourite book from childhood?
10. Which Disney character would you be and why?
11. What's your favourite animated movie?

6 comments:

  1. I've seen this award around, thank you so much for thinking of me! It really means a lot! :) I will make a post and answer your questions as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome :) I love your blog and had to nominate you :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the nomination but as I've been a boo blogger for 4 years this year... I don't think I qualify as new... heh. Thank you for the thought though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a dohnut! Haha I was reading your reviews for Tease and Reached and got confused and linked you up, sorry for the mistake! I love your blog and if you were new and Upcoming I would vote for you in a second! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the shout out-loving your blog :)

      Delete
    3. Your welcome and thanks :)

      Delete