Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Review - Betrayed (Angels Of Affection #1) By Carly Fall

Betrayed By Carly Fall
Published March 31st 2014

After police officer Jeff Waters’ wife leaves him, a darkness descends over him, causing anger and hate to to rage within. His self-control is tested both on and off the job, putting his life, as well as the lives of others, in jeopardy.

Liam and Adela, two former Angels of Death, have been reluctantly transformed into Angels of Affection – those angels who help humans fall in love – to assist in the war against the hate taking over Earth and the self-destructive nature of humans.

Their first assignment: helping Jeff Waters find love and saving him from the darkness threatening to overtake him.

I received this book is exchange for an honest review.

Betrayed is the first book is a new paranormal romance series and what a way to start off!

The world is a hateful place and love is the way to fix it. Two angels of death (Adela and Liam) are transformed into angels of affection to try and bring love back into the world and the people living in it.

I love the world Carly Fall has created, her description of Heaven and the world the angels live in is beautifully written and I felt myself transported there. I enjoyed the idea of the angels also being responsible for helping people to find love, I do think that the world is full of hate and I love thinking that love helps to make the world a better place.

Liam is a womanizing, troubled man who is avoiding the pain in his past and missing human life. He relishes in the opportunity to become human again and go back to his old ways. I enjoyed the banter and sexual tension between Adela and Liam. It is made obvious that there could be a future for the two of them as a couple and I can’t wait to see how that unfolds. Adela was a great character, she has a tough exterior but she is so vulnerable and I loved that about her character. I really enjoyed seeing her adapt to the human world and learn about love, something that is so alien to her.

Although Betrayed is a paranormal romance I think the story is about love. How love can change the world, break people and fix them.  It’s a book about people finding themselves, atoning for their past and moving forward. I really enjoyed Betrayed and I can’t wait to read the second installment and see how Liam and Adela’s journey progresses. 

Rating: 4/5




1 comment:

  1. Nice review. I've never read such a premise in new adult before so I'm curious as to how an angel of affection can change someone's heart by opening it up to love.

    ReplyDelete