Monday, 28 April 2014

Review - Going Vintage By Lindsey Leavitt


Going Vintage By Lindsey Leavitt
Published: April 1st 2013

Sixteen-year-old Mallory loves her boyfriend, Jeremy. Or at least likes him more than she's ever liked any other boy. She's sure he feels the same way. Until she happens upon his online Authentic Life game and discovers he's cheating on her ...online Mallory's life is falling apart and technology is the cause. And then she finds a list, written by her grandma when she was Mallory's age. All her grandma had to worry about was sewing dresses and planning dinner parties. Things were so much simpler in the 1960s. And there's nothing on the list that Mallory couldn't do herself. Maybe it's time for Mallory to go vintage and find the answers to her modern-day problems.


Going Vintage is a fun, light-hearted read that left me wanting to go vintage myself!

Mallory is just your regular teenage girl who happens to find out her boyfriend Jeremy has been cheating…online! Heart-broken and angry, Mallory swears of modern technology and decides to “go vintage” 1960’s to be precise. Whilst sorting out her grandma’s house she finds a to-do list from her grandma’s teenage years and decides she is going to complete the tasks on the list, including things such as making her own prom dress.

I really enjoyed reading about Mallory as she tries to complete the list and adapt to life without modern technology, which has become so involved in everyday modern life it seemed impossible she would be able to cope without it. I loved her determination and strength to keep up with her mission. It was very enjoyable to see her go on this journey of forgetting first love, moving on and growing up. 

I loved the relationship between Mallory and her sister, the banter and humour they shared was a great addition to the book. My favourite character in the book would have to be Oliver. Oliver is a love interest and friend to Mallory; he’s quirky and completely different to his cousin…Jeremy. 
I have not read about a character like him before, he is so different from any other leading man and I am so glad Lindsey Leavitt created him for us to enjoy!

Going Vintage is a great enjoyable read that I shall read over and over again! I honestly would love to try and “go vintage” for a while!

Rating: 5/5



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a real interesting story :D I love contemporary novels! Definitely adding this to my reading list. Thanks for sharing :))

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun contemporary book :) I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Adding to reading list now as well :)
    Such a pretty cover and such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete