Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Waiting On Wednesday - Say Her Name By James Dawson


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.

I can't wait to read:

Say Her Name By James Dawson
Expected Publication: June 5th 2014



Roberta 'Bobbie' Rowe is not the kind of person who believes in ghosts. A Halloween dare at her ridiculously spooky boarding school is no big deal, especially when her best friend Naya and cute local boy Caine agree to join in too. They are ordered to summon the legendary ghost of 'Bloody Mary': say her name five times in front of a candlelit mirror, and she shall appear... But, surprise surprise, nothing happens. Or does it?

Next morning, Bobbie finds a message on her bathroom mirror... five days... but what does it mean? And who left it there? Things get increasingly weird and more terrifying for Bobbie and Naya, until it becomes all too clear that Bloody Mary was indeed called from the afterlife that night, and she is definitely not a friendly ghost. Bobbie, Naya and Caine are now in a race against time before their five days are up and Mary comes for them, as she has come for countless others before... A truly spine-chilling yet witty horror from shortlisted 'Queen of Teen' author James Dawson.



I want to start reading more horror books and I think this is a great book to start with. The cover is so creepy and the book sounds really good! I have always been afraid of Bloody Mary is the movies so reading about her is bound to be scary too!


20 comments:

  1. I should read more horror too. And this definitely seems interesting if not spooky enough. Hope we both get a copy soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it and it is as scary as we hope! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. YES! Ohhhhh, I seriously can't wait to get my hands on it (only because it'll scare the crap out of me, I can't even say the B- M-, haha) Thanks for stopping by mine earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something very scary about Bloody Mary! I can't wait to see if this book is as scary as I hope! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete
  3. sounds good and hope you get to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds scary! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope it is as scary as I hope! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh I love a good horror book every now and then! And I can't wait it read this!! The cover alone is incredibly creepy and the blurb is even better :D Great choice!

    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either, the cover is very creepy! I hope you enjoy the book :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Wow. This sounds creepy!! I love the cover too. Awesome pick Keeley =D
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! Thank you :) Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  7. Ooh, this certainly sounds like a good horror book, and I hope you enjoy it, but I think it'd be a bit too creepy for me. I like being able to sleep at night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I am not sure I will be able to sleep after reading it either! hanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Horror books are touch and go for me. Sometimes I'm too much of a wimp for them. LOL But this one definitely does sound awesome! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really read many horror books but I love horror films so I am looking forward to reading it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Yes! Very excited for this one, too. Love a good creepy story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope it is as creepy and scary as we expect! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I hope it lives up to my expectations! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete