Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Review - John Dreamer By Elise Celine

John Dreamer By Elise Celine
Published: February 12th 2014
Andy wasn’t usually sure about much, but she was absolutely certain this was the weirdest day of her life as she stood stranded in the middle of a great white room with six strangers. Well, they were mostly strangers. She could have sworn she’d seen the guy with the green eyes before, and maybe that was why he kept staring at her. 

When a man calling himself the Guardian appeared and said they had come to make their deepest dreams come true, they embark on an adventure none of them ever imagined, and the consequences of their actions would change them forever.
I received this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I requested this book based on the cover and blurb alone and I unfortunately I was rather disappointed by the whole book.

John Dreamer had a unique and intriguing premise that just didn't deliver. I felt the characters were very one-dimensional, I wanted to know more about them and for their personalities to be developed and explored. The romance between John and Andy felt rushed and I didn't feel the connection they were meant to share. I think their romance and love story could have been more developed, I like to read about the journey of falling in love, rather than a sudden love at first sight, with no understanding of their feelings.

Overall I found the story rather rushed and although it was only quite a short read, I think to have made the story fully work it needed to be much longer, so we could see character development and really lose ourselves in the story.

John Dreamer has a good concept but unfortunately it just didn't work for me. 

Rating: 3/5
 

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when a book I'm really excited about just fails to deliver for me. That's what Jellicoe Road was for me. Sorry this book didn't do it for you! Hope your next one knocks it out of the park. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very disappointing when it happens! I want to read Jellicoe Road but I have heard so many mixed reviews, I shall have to give it a read one day. Thank you and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete