Saturday, 3 May 2014

Review - Love Unfeigned By Nadine C. Keels

Love Unfeigned By Nadine C. Keels
Published: 27th February 2013

Love to the chords of a classic jazz band…
From the first time Lorraine, a plucky and competitive girl, contends on the playground against Isaiah, an impish boy whose smile gleams in more ways than one, the two of them can’t help knowing each other. Neither can they avoid passions and misfortunes lining the path to young adulthood, and when the breakup of Isaiah’s family disrupts the haven he’s shared with Lorraine, their natural relationship is eventually threatened by jealousy, grave trauma, and abandonment. As one year follows another, and another, what might it take to reunite these two companions in love: love undeniably real and unbounded by time?

“Everything didn’t have to turn out perfect. I just wanted you there.”



I received an Ebook directly from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Love unfeigned is a beautifully written, romantic story of two people destined to be together. We witness the love between Lorraine and Isaiah develop from a young age into adulthood.

Love unfeigned is not just a romance it is also a coming of age story. I really enjoyed reading about Lorraine and Isaiah at different ages and stages throughout their lives and I would love to know about their future. Their love story is written in a realistic way, we get to see their friendship and relationship develop into something true and pure and didn't feel forced in anyway.

The characters are likable and realistic, I felt as though I knew who they were and what they were feeling and I always look for well established characters in a book.

Love unfeigned is quick read full of romance that had me falling in love with the characters and story and left me wanting more. I look forward to reading more from Nadine C. Keels in the future.

Rating: 4/5 




2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one, it sounds really good!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great, quick read. I hope you get to read it at some point :)

      Delete