Friday, 9 May 2014

Review - Pushing The Limits By Katie McGarry

Pushing The Limits By Katie McGarry
Published: July 31st 2012

So wrong for each other …and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. 

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. 

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
I have had this book on to be read list for such a long time and I am so annoyed with myself that I did not read it sooner! 

Pushing The Limits is a fantastic contemporary read that had me hooked from the first page. I found myself routing for the main characters, feeling the emotions they felt and hoping they would overcome the pain they have suffered.

Katie McGarry has given us Echo and Noah, two characters that although have been through such traumatic events in their young lives are still strong and trying to overcome the trauma and put their lives back together, whether that be together or alone.

Echo has had a lot to deal with the past few years, more than any young girl should have to deal with. The book allows us to follow Echo on her journey of remembering the past and overcoming the horror. We watch her find her voice, her strength and herself and it is a wonderful journey to witness.

Noah, oh Noah! A bad boy with a big heart and probably on everyone’s crush list! I liked finding out what was underneath the bad boy persona and finding out why he is the way he is. Noah is such a sweet character and I loved the relationship between Noah and Echo.

Pushing the limits is a new favourite of mine, a beautifully written page turner that I will be recommending to everyone! Katie McGarry thank you for such an amazing book, I can’t wait to read the next book in the series Dare You To!

Rating: 5/5


10 comments:

  1. This was by far my favorite book so far in the series. I fell in love with Noah and Echo even though I don't usually go for those kind of intense relationships. I hope you like Dare You To. I really liked Beth in PTL, but not so much in DYT :( Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this book and Echo and Noah! Thank you, I've just started reading and already can't put it down, I can't say I am a fan of Beth so far but I wasn't that keen on her in PTL. Did you know book Two of Noah and Echo's story is coming out?! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it :) let me know what you think when you have finished :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love Echo and Noah. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book! :-) The series gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do I, they are such a sweet couple :) Thank you, I adored book two and am already onto book three! :)

      Delete
  4. Seems like a great book! What age is it appropriate for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book :) It is Young Adult so I would suggest 14+, there is some language and mature themes. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Since you liked this one - I defintely think you'd like the rest of the books in this series!

    Kate @ Fictional Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am addicted to this series, I am already on book Three!

      Delete