Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

       


               Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This weeks subject is ten book that you almost put down but didn't. This is a hard list for me because I have only found One book before that I did not finish, I like everything i read and hardly ever nearly don't finish a book!


I almost put this book down, I just couldn't get into it but I picked it back up and gave it a second chance and ended up enjoying it and I have continued with the series.



I expected a lot from Shiver and at first I was a little bit disappointed but I carried on and ended up loving the book and the series!



I almost put this book down numerous times but I carried on and it was an okay read, I don't know if I shall read book Two.



I didn't hate this book but I didn't love it. I did put it down numerous times out of frustration with the characters but I finished it and I can still remember everything from the book, so although I wasn't a fan it is memorable.


 I wasn't a huge fan of this story but I didn't want to not finish it.



Another book I started and felt I needed to finish but I did put it down numerous times and I had to force myself to finish.


I adored the Darkest Powers series so I was extremely excited to read this new series set in the same world, however at first I was a little bit disappointed and did put it down for a few weeks. After picking it back up and finishing, I also adored this book too! 



I didn't get into this book at first but i persisted with it and ended up loving it.


Again a book that took me a while to get into, but once I did I loved it! A series I enjoy and am still reading.


About half way through this book, I nearly gave up on it but I didn't and I am glad I didn't! I ended up really enjoying the book and the sequels.


10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Shiver. It'll be my first Maggie Stiefvater, and I've heard such wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the series, I hope you do too! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I still have Under the Never Sky on my bookshelf, and really should read it. Shiver was one of the first Maggie Stiefvater books I read and I didn't like it. I almost avoided her other books because of it, but I picked up The Scorpio Races and loved it and I'm currently in love with her Raven Cycle series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it soon, I think Shiver is a book with very divided opinions, I am glad you have enjoyed her other books, I still need to read The Scorpio Races and the Raven Cycle series, I am sure I will enjoy them too :)

      Delete
  3. I am really happy that you stuck with Under the Never Sky and ended up enjoying it! I really loved that book and loved the entire series. Shiver is on my TBR list but I have yet to get to it, something I should probably do soon. Nice picks :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great book, I still need to read the rest of the series. I hope you enjoy Shiver, it is a great book :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I think the beginning is the weakest park of Under the Never Sky. I'm glad you kept going, because it really is pretty awesome by the end! I've seen Shiver on a lot of lists today. I haven't read that series, but maybe one day when I feel like a slower, moody paranormal I'll pick it up. Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, it was an amazing read :) I highly recommend Shiver and the rest of the series, it is a great series! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Under the Never Sky was on a lot of lists this week. I was thinking of reading it, and it's good to know if I'm not feeling it at first I should push through. I really loved Hate List, but I can see how it might not be for everyone.

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should push through it, it is a great book :) I think Hate List is a love it or hate it kind of book, I am glad you enjoyed it :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete