Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Friendships

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This weeks subject is top ten books about friendship, I have chosen books about friendship and books with great friendships within them.

1. Harry Potter series By J.K. Rowling


I am sure the Harry Potter series will be on so many lists this week. The friendship between Harry, Hermione and Ron is what makes the Harry Potter series so popular and loved. Everyone wishes they had a friendship like theirs!


2. The Lord Of The Rings By J.R.R. Tolkien


A book full of unlikely friendships and alliances that make Lord Of The Rings the phenomena it is.


3. Hold Still By Nina LaCour


A fantastic book about coping with the loss of a best friend.


4. The Morganville Vampires series By Rachel Caine


I love the friendships between Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael, they have to be one of my favourite friendships within a series, they have such a realistic friendship and are enjoyable to read.


5. The Fault In Our Stars By John Green


I love the friendship that Augustus and Issac share, they have been through so much and are still as close as ever.


6. New Moon By Stephanie Meyer


I love the friendship between Jacob and Bella, especially in New Moon. He is there for her when she needs him most and I love how their friendship blossoms and develops into something extremely meaningful in this book.


7. Far From You By Tess Sharpe


Friendships that have developed into something more, the grief of losing someone and working together to solve the terrible crime. Far From You is a great book with some amazing friendships.


7. Some Girls Are By Courtney Summers


I love the friendship between Regina and Michael, it is strained and difficult but sometimes friendships have to be worked on.


8. Undone By Cat Clarke


Jem remains loyal to her best friend and is determined to get justice for him even after he commits suicide after being outed.


9. L.A Candy By Lauren Conrad


Two best friends who are completely different but complement each other perfectly who are thrown into a crazy lifestyle and still remain their friendship. 


10.  Where Rainbows End By Cecelia Ahern


A friendship shown throughout the years. I am looking forward to the film adaption of this book!


12 comments:

  1. New Moon was a good choice. I didn't even think of that one. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. You've picked some amazing books that I've read, but didn't seem to cross my mind. Where Rainbows End is a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I tried to go for some not so obvious choices :) I really enjoyed Where Rainbows End :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Augustus and Issac!! How did I not think to include this?! Great List!

    http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-great-friendships/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love their friendship :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. You'd probably like "Love, Rosie" by Cecilia Ahern!
    www.she-read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love, Rosie is the American name of Where Rainbows End as far as I am aware so yes I do like it :)

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I hadn't thought of the Lord of the Rings series, but you're so right! I especially love how Legolas and Gimli became such strong allies and even stronger friends after a rough start to their relationship. You're right about Twilight too, but I think my favorite friendship in that series was between Bella and Alice. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The friendship between Legolas and Gimli has to be one of my favourites, they are complete opposites but work so well as friends. Alice and Bella's friendship is also a great choice :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Harry Potter made my list too, and TFIOS should have done! Nice picks :)

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee for HP! I haven't read a lot on your list so I will have to check them out!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete