Thursday, 15 May 2014

Upcoming Young Adult Book To Movie Adaptations!

It seems like the in-thing at the moment for Young Adult books to be adapted into movies. First we had Harry Potter and then the Twilight franchise kicked off the trend and now we have had adaptions from The Hunger Games, Beautiful Creatures, The Immortal Instruments - City Of Bones, Divergent, Vampire Academy, The Host and many many more!

Some have been extremely successful; The Hunger Games & Divergent and some not so much; The Host and Beautiful Creatures - I can't say I was a fan of either to be honest, I was pretty disappointed.

I thought I would share with you some of the upcoming Young Adult books adapted to movies that I am especially excited for!


In 2015 we have Lauren Kate's Fallen coming to our screens with Jeremy Irvine and Addison Timlin bringing the beloved Patrick and Lucinda to life. I adore this series so I am extremely excited to see if the movie lives up to the book.


Here's a first look photo of the cast! I wasn't sold on the cast at first but seeing them together I have to say I think it's a good casting.



The Fault In Our Stars has to be one of my favourite books I have read this year so I am super excited for the movie coming from 20th Century Fox in June 2014 starring Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort. Shailene Woodley has already impressed with her performances in Divergent and in The Spectacular Now, so I am sure she is going be an amazing Hazel Grace!

Check out the trailer below!




I haven't read the book yet but I have heard so many good things about it. I know I am going to love it and I can't wait to see the movie! I am a big fab of Chloe Grace Moretz (also rumoured for The 5th Wave movie!) so I am looking forward to see her in another book adaption.


Released In August 2014 by Warner Bros. Pictures



Again another series I haven't read but the movie has a great cast and I cant wait to watch it!


Released September 2014 from 20th Century Fox



And of course we have the upcoming Mockingjay part I and II to be excited for! The first two films have to be two of my favourite book to movie adaptations! Who in the world doesn't love Jennifer Lawrence? She is so down to earth and cool!


Other YA Book being developed/or rumored to be being developed into moves include:


Apart from reading my other passion is film so I am so excited to see these movies and see some of my favourite characters come to life on the big screen!

Which films are you looking forward to seeing most?




Images and information sourced from IMDB.com, Goodreads.com, Youtube.com and Google.com 

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to say what probably everyone is going to say: THE FAULT IN OUR FREAKING STARS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited for this movie! I hope it lives up to my expectations!

      Delete
  2. When it comes to movie adaptations, it takes a lot for me to get excited about seeing them. I absolutely love The Fault in Our Stars, but . . . I'm actually not very excited to see it. There's just something about it that I'm not liking very much. I was the same way with Vampire Academy before it came out. It's one of my favorite series, but nothing about the movie makes me want to see it.

    Anyway, the movies I'm looking forward to the most are the Mockingjay ones. The Hunger Games series has been done so well! I'm also really interested in seeing The Maze Runner, which is weird because it wasn't that memorable of a book for me. There's just something about the movie adaptation that intrigues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the complete opposite, I get super excited! I hope if you do see The Fault In Our Stars you enjoy it :) The Hunger Games series is incredible, I can't wait to see the Last two films! The Maze Runner intrigues me too, it looks like an amazing film. I hope you enjoy the films you decide to watch and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. If they make Dash & Lily into a movie i hope to God they make Lily less annoying!! I also heard they're making Miss Peregrine's into a movie. I wasn't think biggest fan of that book, but it could make a cool movie. Esp. since Tim Burton is supposed to be directing. I can't wait to see TFIOS. I was in NYC a few weeks ago and they were doing a screening of it. It took every ounce of my being not to go get in that line! I definitely need to bring tissues when I see it tough. I'm pretty sure I'll be ugly-crying throughout it... like when I saw Titanic at the theaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate annoying characters! I haven't yet read Dash & Lily but I am not looking forward to her character! I heard that too, I think it would be an amazing movie especially if Tim Burton is directing, he is a genius! I think I am most excited for TFIOS too, I don't know how you had the will power not to get in that line! I will need tissues too, Titanic always makes me cry, I really love that movie! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I am so excited for all of these movies, although I haven't read the Fallen series. The Fault In Our Stars is my favorite book, and I think Shailene and Ansel are going to be great. Also, I want to add that the trailer for The Giver has been released and it looks uh-mazing. I mean, Meryl Streep is in it, and everything she touches turns to gold. Lol. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the Fallen series, it's an exciting read! I adored The Fault In our Stars and I agree Shailene and Ansel will be amazing. Ohh, I haven't see the trailer but I shall go find it and watch! Everything she touches does turns to gold!

      Delete