Sunday, 29 June 2014

Stacking The Shelves #10


Stacking The Shelves in a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviewswhere we share what new books we have added to our shelves whether it be physical copies, Ebooks or books borrowed from the library.

This week I searched my local charity shops and second hand book stores for some bargains and I was extremely happy with my finds!

Physical copies:





Audrey Porter is a "good girl": a good student, a great daughter, an amazing friend. She's also the last person anyone expects to be hanging out with Luke DeSalvio, the hottest guy at Audrey's school. But Luke is a liar, a player, a dream, and Audrey knows it. She dumps him at her friend's Halloween party with no intention of looking back, but not before giving him one last goodbye gift...

The next Monday, messages begin popping up on people's phones and email inboxes. Somebody has taken a picture of her and Luke together and soon everyone knows, including her teachers, her mum and her dad… Now she must discover strength she never knew he had, find friends where she didn't think she would, and learn that life goes on – no matter how different it is to how you think it's going to be.

I saw this book and just had to buy it, it sounds like my kind of read and it was two books for £1 so I couldn't go wrong.



Popular Gossip Girl character Jenny Humphrey is leaving Constance Billard to attend Waverly Academy, an elite boarding school in New York horse country where glamorous rich kids don't let the rules get in the way of an excellent time. Jennys determined to leave her crazy Manhattan past behind and become a sophisticated goddess on campus. But first she'll have to contend with her self-absorbed roommates, Callie Vernon and Brett Messerschmidt. Hot guys, new intrigue, and more delicious gossip all add up to more trouble than ever for Jenny. But if getting caught with boys and going up against the Disciplinary Committee is what it takes, Jenny is ready. She'll do all that and more to be The It Girl.


There wasn't any other books I fancied but I thought I might as well get the two for £1 so I picked up this spin off of Gossip Girl, I have never actually read the books but I love the TV show, so I am looking forward to see what this book had to offer.





INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

I adore Beautiful Disaster and I have this book as an eBook, so I am really pleased to now have a physical copy and it was only £1!



Elise is dead.
And someone must pay.

Anna, her boyfriend Tate, best friend Elise and a group of close friends set off on a debaucherous Spring Break trip to Aruba. But paradise soon turns into a living nightmare when Elise is brutally murdered.

Soon Anna finds herself trapped in a foreign country and fighting for her freedom. As she awaits the judge's decree, it becomes clear that everyone is questioning her innocence. To the rest of the world, Anna isn't just guilty, but dangerous. As the court case unfolds the truth is about to come out, and it's more shocking than you could ever imagine...

I was lucky enough to receive the second book Dangerous Boys recently for review and I really enjoyed it. Everyone was telling me to pick up the first book and read that too, so I was excited to see this book for just £2 and can't wait to start it!

For Review via Netgalley:




The Beautiful Disaster phenomenon continues in the first heart-pounding new adult romance in The Maddox Brothers series.
Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn't have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving her with her first weekend off in almost a year.
Trenton Maddox was the king of Eastern State University, dating co-eds before he even graduated high school. His friends wanted to be him, and women wanted to tame him, but after a tragic accident turned his world upside down, Trenton leaves campus to come to grips with the crushing guilt. 
Eighteen months later, Trenton is living at home with his widower father, and works full-time at a local tattoo parlour to help with the bills. Just when he thinks his life is returning to normal, he notices Cami sitting alone at a table at The Red. 
As the baby sister of four rowdy brothers, Cami believes she'll have no problem keeping her new friendship with Trenton Maddox strictly platonic. But when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever - even if she is the only reason their already broken family could fall apart.
In the first instalment of The Maddox Brothers series, readers can experience the rush of reading Beautiful Disaster for the first time, all over again.

I am so excited for this one!


14 comments:

  1. I have been told to read Beautiful Disaster, I should really get onto doing that!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great book, I really hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Great haul!! I love browsing through used book stores!! I also got a copy of Beautiful Oblivion this week and have already finished it. Just working on my review.
    Here is my STS

    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love the smell of all the old books! I have only just started reading it but I am enjoying it so far, I look forward to reading your review :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen The It Girl around in forever! I think I was in middle school when that came out, and I devoured the first several books (along with the first ten or eleven GG books--I read classy stuff). I looove that cover for it, though! Way prettier than the apathetic girls on the US covers. :)

    Happy reading!
    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the cover too, I never thought of reading them before but I couldn't find another book so had to pick it up, I am hoping for it to be a fun read :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Good Girls is one of my old favorites! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait to read it! :)

      Delete
  5. I HOPE you love Dangerous Girls. I really enjoyed Boys, but Girls is definitely my favourite of the two! I got that really cheap as well, in a 3 for £5 deal in the works. Charity shops can also be amazing for finding great books. I hope you enjoy them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really can't wait to read it. I have heard such positive things :) I do love the Works! I just love finding a bargain in a charity shop, makes it more exciting! Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Great Post :) I have nominated you for the Liebster Award and you can check out the post here: http://abookparadise.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-award-2014.html Congrats :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it means a lot to receive a nomination :) Thanks again!

      Delete