Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Things I Like/Dislike About Book Covers


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This weeks topic is things we like and dislike about books covers, I have chosen to some of both!

What I Like:

1. Minimalist Covers


2. Beautiful Dresses


3. Nature


4. Galaxy


5. When the text is the main focus




What I Dislike:

1. When the cover of a book in a series is suddenly completely changed and the series is no longer unified.

2. A cover that is really busy and you don't know where to look.

3. I don't particularly like neon colours on book covers.

4. When a book has a close up face, it always freaks me out a bit.

5. When the same models are used on the front of different books.




6 comments:

  1. I also really like galaxy covers. I just love covers in general :)
    Jazmen@ThisGirlReadsAlot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so do I to be honest! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I don't particularly like neon on book covers either. One of the bullets on my list of things I like were basic black covers, so I guess both of those (yes to black, no to neon) stems from my tendency to like dark, moody book covers? Also, great point about galaxy book covers! They do look pretty epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like basic black covers too, I think a good moody book cover just screams at me to want to read it! I think galaxy book covers are just so pretty! thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I love the cover of TFIOS because Blue is my favorite color <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE when the same models or the same picture of the models are used for different books. The guy from the Obsidian covers is used a lot and I hate it! I agree with basic covers and pretty dresses. And a beautiful galaxy cover will always drawl me in. Great list! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete