Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Blogging/ Bookish Confessions


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This weeks topic is blogging confessions, so I've mixed in blogging and bookish confessions. So here goes!

1. I prefer buying my books used and at a bargain price, I get extremely excited when I find a book I want to read for a couple of pounds!

2. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with the books I need to review. Sometimes real life takes over and I get a little behind on my reading and panic a bit, I don't want to let anyone down.

3. I always said I prefer physical books but I have to admit I love reading eBooks, I love my tablet and couldn't live without the hundreds of books on there!

4. I love watching the movie adaption of a book and then reading the book afterwards, then I feel I get more of the story from the book. Also I don't sit there going "that never happened in the book!" when watching the film.

5. I enjoy listening to music when reading and often make playlists that i feel go with the mood of the book I am reading.

6. I have a habit of taking out books from the library and then never reading them because I have to many other books to read waiting at home for me.

7. I like to read a whole book in a day rather than reading it over a couple of days, usually because I can't wait to see how it all ends.

8. I have been known to read the last page of a book to see how it ends.

9. I have bought books just because they have gorgeous covers.

10. I do a little happy dance when I get accepted top review a book.



18 comments:

  1. I totally understand 2, 6 and 9. I've bought books just because I've loved the covers, without even looking into whether or not it's my type of book. Sometimes, it goes badly. Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gone very bad for me at times too, a pretty cover doesn't always mean a good book! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I too get excited when I'm approved for a review book. I do my own little version of the happy dance :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very exciting and definitely is a moment that deserves a happy dance! :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with so many of these! Especially getting bargain books! Amazing post.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bargain book are the best! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I'm totally with you on #1 and #9! I love a deal, I can't help it. And, the cover is the sole reason I bought the Grisha series - I didn't even bother to read the blurb describing the book. I'm so glad I did because the inside of that series is just as awesome as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always looking for a bargain! Sometimes you get lucky and the book matches the awesomeness of the cover! I love when that happens :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with a lot of your confessions. Luckily I got out of the habit of reading the last pages of a book mostly because I got a kindle and it's more awkward to do that with ebooks. I completely agree about the bargain price of buying used books, but I am a book snob, if I buy physical copies of books I tend to buy them new. Although I do enjoy a quick browse of charity shops to feed my book addiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still manage to do it with ebooks! It is a terrible habit! I love charity shopping for books, I prefer second hand copies of books, when I buy a new one I feel like I can't read it properly as I don't want to break the spine! lol

      Delete
  6. I agree with #4, it's an adaptation not a literal version! The only time it bothers me is if I was a huge fan of the book and feel they left out something everyone loves (like Peeves in HP). I definitely can't do #8 though, ever! I've been known to buy a cover because it's gorgeous too - in fact I bought S. because of the whole concept and I still haven't read it. But I HAD to own a book with physical elements to the story, it's beautiful!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hate when something important is left out the film adaption! Reading the last page is a terrible habit of mine! Sometimes a cover is to beautiful to resist, I hope you read it soon :)

      Delete
  7. You and me both for #4 #7 and #10!! I get ARCs regularly now, but ohhhh I can't even begin to explain the excitement I STILL have opening a package. It's like the biggest reward for just loving books. x) Publishers are really generous. I love book-to-movie adaptions, too! Sure there are sucky ones out there...but sometimes moves just ARE sucky. (I was impressed with Eragon or the first Percy Jackson movie, although I did like the 2nd one!)
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. II can't wait for the day I receive a physical arc, I am still at Ebook stage but even that makes me extremely excited! I get very excited over book-to-movie adaptions! I liked the first Percy Jackson movie, I haven't watched the second one yet but I have heard good things!

      Delete
  8. I agree with pretty much all of these! I'm a bargain hunter when it comes to books too, and I have a stack of unread library books and ARCs next to my bed. So many books so little time.. Great list! :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a good bargain! There are just too many books in the world that I want to read! I hope you get through your unread pile soon! Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Agree with pretty much most of these, especially reading the last page in a book and borrowing library books then returning them unread. Only thing would be I like reading books before films ^_^

    Thanks for visiting my post earlier :)

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am awful at reading the last page, all i'm doing is ruining the book for myself! I like reading some books before the films but I do get annoyed when they are different to the book lol Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete