Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Horror Films!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This weeks we get to choose to share other types of stories, whether it be our favourite TV shows or romantic films. I love a good horror film and have decided to share my favourite horror films with you, this changes every week so my favourite horror films at the moment!


The Purge

The concept freaked me out and that's why it scared me so much. It is just normal people, no monster or ghost, the bad guys are people!




Cabin In The Woods

I adore this film and not just becasue Thor is in it! It has everything you could possibly want from a horror film, every type of monsters or killer Unicorn that could possibly be needed!


The Conjuring

I hate dolls, mannequins and puppets, I have such a fear of them so this movie terrified me! 


The Woman In Black

I saw this at the cinema and jumped so much! This film was made so well, it has such an eery feeling to it and it's Harry Potter!


Sinister

This film was scary but I would watch it again and again and again. It had such a great plot and I love Ethan Hawke.


Insidious

This one made me jump a lot, a lot more than the sequel!


The Strangers

This has to be the only horror film that scared me a little, I don't know if that's because I watched it home alone on Halloween or if it's just that scary! The idea that they commit the crimes just becasue they were home terrifies me!


Resident Evil 

I have always been a fan of the resident evil franchise and the first movie has to be my favourite, great cast, zombies galore and a really amazing movie.


Scream Franchise

To me the Scream films are classics, they had the humour the suspense and gory deaths...just what I want in a horror film.


Chernobyl Diaries

I love abandoned buildings and cities and have always been curious about the Chernobyl disaster so I just had to watch this movie!



23 comments:

  1. I actually have never watched a real horror! I read it all the time, so I think I would like to try one...I confess, I want to see the one with Harry Potter in it just because: it's Harry Potter. XD I've only seen him in December Boys outside the HP series. ;) The others look really good and I've heard of Insidious! My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Conjuring really scared me too! And I watched it in daylight lol I'm such a chicken. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a creepy film! Thank and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I can't cope with so many of those, massive scardy cat in the corner! lol

    MyTTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-movies-and-tv-shows/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Horror's aren't for everyone! lol Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. The Conjuring is probably one of the best scary movies I've seen in a while, loved it and it made me stare hard into a dark corner for a while before going to sleep...so it was perfect.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great film! One of my favourite recent horror films :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh you're brave! I can't cope with scary movies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much of a horror movie girl. It's mostly because I'm scary and I'll have nightmares. I used to love them as a halloween baby it felt like something I had to love but I quickly became too scary to keep watching them LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only ever been really scared by one horror film and that was The Strangers, I grew up watching them so they never really bothered me lol

      Delete
  7. I am like the worlds biggest scaredy cat when it comes to horror. Insidious and the Conjuring scared the heck out of me! I basically just his my face in my Hubby's shoulder for most of the time lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite scary especially if your not a big horror fan! I always hide my face on my boyfriends shoulder too, he always try to make me jump! lol

      Delete
  8. YAY! Sorry but I don't come across many who share my love for horror!

    I haven't seen the Strangers yet, will have to pick that one up soon :D

    My top ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, none of my friends like horror films and I've only recently got my boyfriend into watching them :) It a great film, I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  9. I remember watching Chernobyl Diaries and not being overly scared by it. I loved the plot though! Resident Evil is an amazing film franchise, the first one was fantastic. When I watched The Woman In Black, I jumped a lot too.

    Check out my TTT!

    I’m also currently running a Giveaway!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chernobyl Diaries wasn't particularly scary but it did have a great plot! The first Resident Evil film is amazing, I am going to have to watch it again now! The Woman In Black is one of those films that you couldn't not jump at. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  10. Scream is the only one I have watched. I have been considering Purge, so I will definitely check that out since you liked it so much!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy The Purge it is such a great film :)

      Delete
  11. I really enjoyed the Woman in Black, and the Conjuring was more creepy than scary but yeah I was jumpy for days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Conjuring was definitely creepy! I am looking forward to the second Woman In Black film :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. I don't watch a lot of horror films, but I did enjoy The Woman in Black (I'm sure you can guess why I watched it.) It was a really good movie. I actually now want to watch it again. I also enjoyed Cabin in the Woods, it was a hilarious take on the horror genre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea as to why you would watch it, it is not like it has some famous wizard in it! hehe I loved both of those films, The Cabin In The Woods is so unique and now I want to watch both of them again!

      Delete