Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Am Not Sure I Want To Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This weeks topic is books I am not sure I want to read.


Everyone I know raves about this series I just don't think it's my type of genre.


I have this book and have heard mainly positive things but I just can't seem to want to pick it up and start reading.


I have gone of books about magic at the moment, maybe I will get back into the genre and finally read this one.


I think it's the subject matter that puts me off this one, I have heard only good things but I just find it a bit too weird.


I'm torn about this one, I have heard mixed reviews and the cover puts me off a bit.


I just don't like this series, I don't like the TV program and don't understand the hype.


The title and cover draw me in but nothing about the blurb makes me want to read it unfortunately.


I think it's the Bourne Identity meets Divergent reference that puts me off this one!


I have heard only good things but again it just doesn't appeal to me.


I didn't like the film adaption and the book doesn't scream pick me up and read me to me.

5 comments:

  1. If you like fantasy then you'll definitely love Throne of Glass and Graceling :) Beautiful Creature is a book I know I'll never pick up. It just doesn't appeal to me and don't even get me started on the movie. I couldn't finish it.

    Here's my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my eye on several books (Throne of Glass, Graceling, Half Bad, Shadow and Bone), but I still haven't made any definite plans to read them. That tends to mean they get forgotten...there are just so many books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the above comment: if you like fantasy at all then you should definitely give Throne of Glass and Graceling a try! My favorite book on this list, though, is Shadow and Bone. I think that even if you are more drawn to contemporary YA rather than fantasy you'll still like this one. There are fantasy elements, but the story at its heart is about greed and desire and belonging and identity, and is actually a pretty funny book along with being an intense action/adventure/character story. I hope you consider giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GRACELING I enjoyed so much! And Shadow and Bone I really enjoyed too. Forbidden I've heard great things about, but I don't know if I can stomach the subject.

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and Beautiful Creatures I thought was okay, but Beautiful Darkness was like pulling teeth for me. I DNF'd that series after Beautiful Darkness!

    ReplyDelete