Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Waiting On Wednesday - The Summer Of Chasing Mermaids By Sarah Ockler


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.

I can't wait to read:

Expected Publication: June 2015

The youngest of six talented sisters, Elyse d’Abreau was destined for stardom—until a boating accident took everything from her. Now, the most beautiful singer in Tobago can’t sing. She can’t even speak.

Seeking quiet solitude, Elyse accepts a friend’s invitation to Atargatis Cove. Named for the mythical first mermaid, the Oregon seaside town is everything Elyse’s home in the Caribbean isn’t: An ocean too cold for swimming, parties too tame for singing, and people too polite to pry—except for one.

Christian Kane is a notorious playboy—insolent, arrogant, and completely charming. He’s also the only person in Atargatis Cove who doesn’t treat Elyse like a glass statue. He challenges her to express herself, and he admires the way she treats his younger brother Sebastian, who believes Elyse is the legendary mermaid come to life. 

When Christian needs a first mate for the Cove’s high-stakes Pirate Regatta, Elyse reluctantly stows her fear of the sea and climbs aboard. The ocean isn’t the only thing making waves, though—swept up in Christian’s seductive tide and entranced by the Cove’s charms, Elyse begins to wonder if a life of solitude isn’t what she needs. But changing course again means facing her past. It means finding her inner voice. And scariest of all, it means opening her heart to a boy who’s best known for breaking them . . .

I just had to share my excitement for this one! I love The Little Mermaid and a retelling is so exciting for me! This books sounds amazing and I am sure I will love it! I also adore the cover :) 



22 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds amazing, thank you so much for sharing it :) I'll add it on my TBR.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Diversity! This one looks good. Hope we both read it soon :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I can't wait to read it, I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete
  3. Well, it's something different that's for sure, should be really good though (if it lives up to how good it sounds so *fingers crossed*) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does live up to my expectations! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, this one looks so cute! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy.

    Here's mine: “BETRAYED”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look very cute! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my God how amazing does this sound like!? I can't believe that I've never heard about this book. Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my WoW: http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8-they-all-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound amazing :) I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  6. This sounds really good. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cover, too! This book sounds really different, and I'm loving the diversity it's got going on. Definitely adding it to my tbr! Here's a link to my very first WoW: http://girlwritesreviews.blogspot.com/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-eternal-night.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the diversity! It does sound unique and I can't wait to get my hands on it! I hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  8. Who can resist a retelling? And a Little Mermaid one too! I didn't know about this one so thanks so much for sharing!

    Here's My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retelling's are amazing! I love the Little Mermaid so can't wait for this! I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete
  9. Haven't seen this one but I love Sarah Ockler's The Book Of Broken Hearts, thank you for bringing this book to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read The Book Of Broken Hearts, I hope you enjoy this one :)

      Delete
  10. I have yet to read a Sarah Ockler book. Maybe one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either :( Hope we do soon :)

      Delete
  11. This sounds like such a great read, I want it ^_^

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound amazing! I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete