Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Waiting On Wednesday- The Walls Around Us By Nova Ren Suma


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.

I can't wait to read:

Expected Publication: March 24th 2015

“Ori’s dead because of what happened out behind the theater, in the tunnel made out of trees. She’s dead because she got sent to that place upstate, locked up with those monsters. And she got sent there because of me.”

The Walls Around Us is a ghostly story of suspense told in two voices—one still living and one long dead. On the outside, there’s Violet, an eighteen-year-old dancer days away from the life of her dreams when something threatens to expose the shocking truth of her achievement. On the inside, within the walls of a girls’ juvenile detention center, there’s Amber, locked up for so long she can’t imagine freedom. Tying these two worlds together is Orianna, who holds the key to unlocking all the girls’ darkest mysteries.

We hear Amber’s story and Violet’s, and through them Orianna’s, first from one angle, then from another, until gradually we begin to get the whole picture—which is not necessarily the one that either Amber or Violet wants us to see.

Nova Ren Suma tells a supernatural tale of guilt and innocence, and what happens when one is mistaken for the other.

The cover of this one caught my eye and when I read the blurb I was very excited! I don't read enough ghost stories and this one sounds amazing and full of mystery! Quite a wait though :( I might just request it on Netgalley ;)




23 comments:

  1. I have seen this on netgalley not sure whether its my kind of thing but thought I would let you know so you can see if you can get it. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am considering requesting it but I have so many to read! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds different and interesting. Hope you get to read it and review it. New follower.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, thanks! Thanks for following, will follow back :)

      Delete
  3. Neat pick!! It definitely sounds interesting and that cover is very pretty.

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is gorgeous, I just love the colours! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Ghost stories usually never end well. I love this cover though. This is up on NetGalley :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just adore the cover :) Thanks for letting me know :)

      Delete
  5. I love the sound of this! I haven't come across it before. I love ghost stories, and the mystery/thriller vibe sounds so good. Just added to my TBR, thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could introduce you to it :) I love when mystery is thrown in! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't read anything by this author before. I did see this on Netgalley the other day. I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither have I, this sounds like a great book to start with! Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing! This looks good! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! Thanks for stopping by in return :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds good and hope that you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not read one of Nova Ren Suma's books before, but I hear her writing is simply gorgeous. I hope you love this when you read it! Great pick!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, I am sure her writing is as gorgeous as everyone says! Thank you, I am sure I will :)

      Delete
  10. oooh this sounds really interesting! I'm not a big fan of ghost stories, but I like the sound of dual POV. Thanks for sharing, and great blog!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a big reader of ghost stories but this one really caught my eye! I also like the sound of dual POV. Thank you :)

      Delete
  11. That's an interesting cover. I haven't heard of this one, but I hope you love it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I really want to read this one, too! And I'm always in when it comes to a ghost story ;)

    ReplyDelete