Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Top Ten Underrated Book In The Fantasy/Paranormal Genre

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.


This weeks topic is underrated authors or books in a specific genre. I have decided to go for underrated books in the young adult fantasy/paranormal genre. I know not everyone can agree but all these books I enjoyed thoroughly and think they need more recognition.


1. Forgotten by Cat Patrick
This is not one of the first books that people mention when talking about young adult paranormal/fantasy and I think it is often 'forgotten'...see what I did there? Ha ha I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone looking to start reading this genre.


2. Splendour Falls

This is one of my favourite all time books and I know nobody that has even read it and a lot of people who haven't even heard of it and it is such a shame! Such beautiful writing!


3.By Midnight By Mia James

A really enjoyable paranormal romance that had me hooked, I can't wait to read the rest of the series!


4. Night School

I adore this book and I can't understand why everybody isn't talking about it, they should be! 


5. Mercy By Rebecca Lim

Another fantastic enjoyable book that no-one seems to talk about! I just love the cover of this one!

6. Evernight By Claudia Gray

Evernight is a fantastic series which I think is overlooked. It has everything this series to keep you entertained but I don't think I have ever heard anyone say its their favourite and that's a shame..i love this series!


7. Finding Sky By Joss Stirling

I loved everything about this book, so much so I gave it a 5 star review! Read read read this book!

8. Entangled By Cat Clarke
You should all know by now how much I love Cat Clarke's writing and I think Entangled is a fantastic book, I can not recommend it enough, If you haven't read anything by Cat Clarke yet, do so! 

9. The Dark Divine By Bree Despain

I have so much love for this series and I love the simplicity of the covers. I still need to get my hands on the last book! I recommend this series to everyone I know all the time!

10. Pride, Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Two of my favourite things, Pride & Prejudice and zombies! This is such a fun entertaining book which is underrated and moaned about all the time and not taken with humour. 




  

8 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Dark Devine books and I've read that 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' is being made into a movie so I need to read that one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing series! i hope you get to read it soon :) Ooo that's exciting! I love book to movie adaptions!

      Delete
  2. I really like the paranormal genre and haven't heard of any of these, thanks for the heads up, going to go check them out!

    My TTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/09/09/top-ten-tuesday-underrated-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, I hope you find a new read to enjoy :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with you about Night School. I feel like no one is reading it so it makes me smile to see that you not only read it but enjoyed it enough to put it on this list! :) I haven't read any other books on your list I will have to check them out.

    Kay @ It's a Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fantastic book :) I hope you find something new to read and enjoy :)

      Delete
  4. I picked a different Rosemary Clement-Moore title for my list! I think her Texas Gothic series is underrated too. I do love her books! Cat Patrick is underrated as well. She's not my favorite, but she writes a solid story. Thanks for sharing! ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read the Texas Gothic series but I have heard good things :) Cat Patrick does write a good story, I agree she isn't one of my favourite authors but I enjoy her books. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete