Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Waiting On Wednesday - All The Rage By Courtney Summers


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine.

I can't wait to read:

Expected Publication: April 14th 2015

The sheriff’s son, Kellan Turner, is not the golden boy everyone thinks he is, and Romy Grey knows that for a fact. Because no one wants to believe a girl from the wrong side of town, the truth about him has cost her everything—friends, family, and her community. Branded a liar and bullied relentlessly by a group of kids she used to hang out with, Romy’s only refuge is the diner where she works outside of town. No one knows her name or her past there; she can finally be anonymous.But when a girl with ties to both Romy and Kellan goes missing after a party, and news of him assaulting another girl in a town close by gets out, Romy must decide whether she wants to fight or carry the burden of knowing more girls could get hurt if she doesn’t speak up. Nobody believed her the first time—and they certainly won’t now — but the cost of her silence might be more than she can bear. 

With a shocking conclusion and writing that will absolutely knock you out,All the Rage examines the shame and silence inflicted upon young women after an act of sexual violence, forcing us to ask ourselves: In a culture that refuses to protect its young girls, how can they survive?


I am a big fan of Courtney Summers writing and the topics she chooses to cover so I am expecting huge things from All The Rage! Again
tackling another difficult topic, All The Rage sounds like a fantastic thriller that is bound to bring tears to my eyes! 





10 comments:

  1. This sounds so cool! Thanks for sharing :) I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I agree!! I'm so excited for this one too. I love how Courtney Summers attacks such difficult issues. Some of her books are tough to read, but man, they really pack a punch! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a fantastic brave writer for attacking the difficult subjects and I know this one won't disappoint! I hope you enjoy it and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of hers yet (I do own This is Not a Test, got it when it first came out...and obviously still haven't read it) but I don't think this would be for me, I tend to stay away from these ones, but then again, I am trying to go outside my comfort zone this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you get to read This Is Not A Test soon and maybe this will be the book to take you out of your comfort zone :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds really intense. Courtney Summers usually is. I'm definitely looking forward to reading it. Great pick, here's mine

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does, she always writes hard hitting books! :)

      Delete
  5. wow, this sounds intense! thanks for sharing, i hadn't seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is intense, hope you get to read it soon :)

      Delete