Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Review - Gone Too Far By Natalie D. Richards

Published: 6th January 2015

Piper Woods can't wait for the purgatory of senior year to end. She skirts the fringes of high school like a pro until the morning she finds a notebook with mutilated photographs and a list of student sins. She's sure the book is too gruesome to be true, until pretty, popular Stella dies after a sex-tape goes viral. Everyone's sure it's suicide, but Piper remembers Stella's name from the book and begins to suspect something much worse.


Drowning in secrets she doesn't want to keep, Piper's fears are confirmed when she receives an anonymous text message daring her to make things right. All she needs to do is choose a name, the name of someone who deserves to be punished... 


I have never read anything By Natalie D. Richards and picked Gone Too Far up purely because of the blurb, I am so glad I did!
Gone Too Far is a contemporary story full of  mystery and suspense that focuses on bullying and getting justice for the underdog.

A student is dead and Piper Woods feels guilty, she should of said something, done something..but she stayed silent. Now Piper is receiving texts, someone is taking justice into their own hands, they want to get revenge on the students they think deserve it and it seems everyone has something to hide. As Piper gets dragged further into the twisted games she can't find a way out but maybe with the help of a new love, she can claw her way out of the darkness and discover who got her into this mess in the first place!

Piper is a great character, I instantly connected with her, she is likeable, funny and sarcastic and I really like the way she was written. I felt Piper was quite a naive character, she clearly feels guilty over not speaking up but she easily gets herself in the situation, she texts names of the people she wants revenge on to the anonymous texter without thinking of the consequences. Piper takes responsibility for her actions and doesn't hide away from the fact she made the wrong decision and got herself into something far above what she imagined would happen in the end and I think that made me like her character even more, she's brave.

I like the relationship she develops with Nick, they are complete opposites on the outside but as they get to know each other they have more in common than Piper originally thought and their feelings develop into something  sweet and real.

Gone Too Far is full of suspense and mystery and I felt myself throughout the book trying to guess who the anonymous revenge seeker was, I am usually pretty good at figuring it out but I was unable to and was shocked when the identity was eventually revealed. I really enjoyed Natalie D. Richards writing style and I definitely want to read more from her.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment