Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Likes/Dislikes When It Comes To Romance In Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This weeks topic is top ten likes/dislikes when it comes to romance in books.
I am a huge fan of a good romance so here I go.

Likes

1. Star-crossed lovers - when people or situations keep them apart but they find a way to be together...I am a sucker for these!

2. Love/hate relationship - where they spend years of hating each other, sarcastic comments and banter but deep down there are feelings there and they begin to realise it, swoon!

3. The Bad Boy - I do love a good bad boy who turns to the good side for the girl he loves.

4. Tension - where there is so much chemistry and sparks between the two characters but they don't do anything about it and it slowly develops.

5. The Underdog - I love a story where the geeky guy who is bullied and put down, falls in love, overcomes the bullies and lives happily ever after.

6. Sweetness - I love the sweet, cute moments full of romance that make me say aww out loud.

7. Friendship that turns to love - where two characters are best friends they go through everything together and then one of them finds a girlfriend/boyfriend and the other one realises they are in love with their best friend, these always make me cry!

8. Overcoming something with love - I like when the character has experiences difficulties, can't trust and then love helps mend them.

Dislikes:

9. When a couple fall in love after like 2 seconds and we are supposed to believe its real.

10. Unhappy Endings: They break my heart!




4 comments:

  1. I totally agree on the unhappy endings. Those kinds of endings make me feel like a rug got pulled out from under me. But I do love a good slowburn romance - so long as it ends happily. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do break my heart, I always feel rather down after being left with an unhappy ending! Slow burn romance's just have me hooked from the start :)

      Delete
  2. I'm quite fond of a bad boy too, even though the popular opinion is to not like them! R x

    My TTT: https://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/top-ten-tuesday-loves-and-loathes-in-romances/

    ReplyDelete